Re: [Nautilus-list] CD Burning or "in case you get overwhelmed with copious free time"

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 15:38, Calum Benson wrote:
    Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

    >         * Once you are done, you want to eject it. So the normal way,
    >           you drag it to the trashcan which, on macosX normally turns
    >           into an Eject symbol if you drag a CD-Rom there. In this case
    >           though, it changes to a "BURN CD!" icon.

    Hmm... so as well as bizarrely meaning "eject disk", the trashcan now
    means "burn cd" as well?  And you worked this out without reading the
    user guide?  You need professional help :o)

Nopey, that was not the point. If Mac wants to eject the disks by
dragging the stuff to trash, at least it is consistent with itself on
those things. But that was not my point, we dont even eject CD's by
dragging them to the trash. However, this is a long tradition on Macs,
users tend to know how it works. But enough of how-mac-works.

Of course we would do something like having a "BURN CD" button on the
toolbar of such "virtual CD view" nautilus window, that would be the
natural way. My point was rather the rest of how it works, like
mastering the CD contents by just dragging folders in the CD directory
and burning it upon eject. All that makes sense.

    (I hope you can just Ctrl-click on the CD icon and select "Burn CD" or
    something as well...?)

Yea, probably. Dont have osx with a burner here right now.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::