Re: Geometry issues ...

Hi Frank,

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 01:13, Frank Worsley wrote:
> Not sure why we would need to manipulate it. Having it in string form
> makes it easy to compare.

	Well - possibly; the thing is that we need to see if the window is
visible or not; AFAIK GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE is no good for that at all. We
have to check the bounds to see if it's on the viewable screen, or
whether this is a viewport type hack.

> I've added an ignore flag, although the other would avoid API breakage.
> I don't know if that's a big deal.

	API breakage is no problem for eel.

> The latest patch is attached. Using this, the geometry really only is
> saved when I resize a window ... not when I open a new one or switch
> workspaces.

	A lot better;

> +	if (GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE (GTK_WIDGET (window)) && !NAUTILUS_IS_DESKTOP_WINDOW (window))
> +	{

	K&R bracing would be good and as I say, we can't use
GTK_WIDGET_VISIBLE, we have to do some comparisons against the bounds of
the screen.

	Still overall the effect is significantly better. You'll need to get
Alex / Dave to approve the commit - and then fix the visibility check I
think.

	Thanks,

		Michael.