Re: Geometry issues ...

Hi Abe,

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 13:47, Abe Fettig wrote:
> The problem that a lot of people (including me) seem to be having is
> that when you're using a window manager that doesn't support saving
> window sizes (such as metacity), all nautilus windows open the default
> size, which some of us find to be way too big.

	Ok - so the thing is that if metacity is broken in that respect then
Havoc would want me to do the 'right thing' to put pressure on the WM
people to get it right [ rather than have hacks that will screw with the
WM when it does in fact work ].

	Nevertheless - it's quite possible to serialise the last closed window
size for the non 'new-window' mode - but not in the meta-data, perhaps a
GConf key.

	So - you won't loose this :-)

	Regards,

		Michael.