Re: Geometry issues ...

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 06:13, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	Saving / obeying the geometry in the meta-data seems to only make sense
> to me for the "browse each URL in a new window" setting, and if that
> setting is not turned on, then we are really doing a dis-service to
> usability, since when you do 'Control-N' your windows all get piled on
> top of the other window instead of the WM doing something sensible with
> them.
>
> 	So, action item 1: Don't do geometry saving for the single
> 			   window browse mode - it just complicates the
> 			   semantics horribly.

Michael,

The problem that a lot of people (including me) seem to be having is
that when you're using a window manager that doesn't support saving
window sizes (such as metacity), all nautilus windows open the default
size, which some of us find to be way too big.

Right now I'm using the "Open each folder in a new window" setting,
_just_ to get the folders on my desktop to open at the size I set them.
Then I navigate by right-clicking folders and picking "Open in this
window."  I've been looking forward to the "remember window sizes" patch
ever since it was first mentioned on the list.  Could you reconsider
removing it?

Thanks,

Abe