[Nautilus-list] Constructive Criticism Revisted

Since some of you demanded specific examples, I used gimp to create a
Nautilus UI that fits what I was thinking in terms of navigation.
If you pay attention to the toolbars, you'll notice several differences.

Menubar: 		Get rid of "Go"

Left Toolbar: 		Get rid of "Home" and get rid of "Web Search"

Right Toolbar (Places): Add icons/links to the places people think
about. Most non computer experts think in terms of physical objects.
Therefore, they want to see their cdrom, their floppy, their zip disk,
their home(not a hard disk because very few people have seen a hard
disk. They just think some magical device inside holds their info.)
Also, it makes navigation much more intuitive and fluid. It also makes
things easier for dragging files to floppies and zip disks. It could
also be used to drag files to a cdr-rw. The other things I've added are
the local network(smb) and the start here icon (they should be able to
access the ximian setup tools, control panel, etc.... from here).

Right menubar (action):	This was something I just added cause it could
have potential. A user could use the search "action" button to drag to
the floppy, cdrom, home, or whatever. Then a dialog would pop up so that
the user could enter in the search string. They could also just click on
the search icon instead of dragging it. This would just bring up a
dialog that would allow the user to search the current directory or to
search whichever drives desired via check boxes. The print "action"
button would also be useful. The use could just click it to print the
current directory or viewed item or they could drag it to a directory to
print a directory or drag it to a file to print a file. It would be
useful and intuitive if a user could drag the print "action" button to a
abiword or text file and have it automatically printed.

This is what I meant in terms of navigation. As of now, I think the
navigation in nautilus is pretty poor. If you don't have "draw desktop,"
your navigation is very limited with the UI. Nautilus also needs to have
a SU/ROOT button so that I can click it, enter in my root password, and
have it open a new nautilus window with root permissions.

Any comments on the UI I've presented?