Re: [Nautilus-list] Constructive Criticism Revisted

Having not followed this thread terribly closely (ok, so I haven't
really followed it at all) I did want to chime in with a comment:

The UI shot you attached looked very cool - and very intuative - just
by inspection I had a fairly solid idea of how objects would behave if
dropped on the Places icons.

I disagree slightly, however, with removing the "Home" navigation
button - it's a pattern that users have been trained to understand
(that's not to say it's a good pattern, just that it's becoming
pervasive).  One could argue that you didn't remove it, just move it
to places.

My second comment is that it starts to remind me a bit of NeXT Step
(not a bad thing at all, just an observation).

--
   Dan Berger [dberger ix netcom com]
   http://home.ix.netcom.com/~dberger

   "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect
   liberty when the government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to
   freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by
   evil minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in
   insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without
   understanding."
	Justice Louis Brandeis, dissenting, Olmstead v US (1928)

    A982 E6B1 CB2F 7A49  843A 9297 DA73 4371  1F54 8D0C