Re: [Nautilus-list] Webpage view fails

On 1/24/02 11:51 AM, "James Haefner" <jhaefner biology usu edu> wrote:

> rpm -qa | grep mozilla
>
> mozilla-psm-0.9.6-0
> mozilla-mail-0.9.6-0
> kdebindings-kmozilla-2.2.2-1
> mozilla-0.9.6-0
> nautilus-mozilla-1.0.4-43

I think your problem is that your nautilus-mozilla component was compiled
with an older Mozilla and is not compilable with Mozilla 0.9.6. There was no
change to the source code needed when they released Mozilla 0.9.6, but I'm
pretty sure that if you have a Nautilus compiled with headers and library
from an older Mozilla, it doesn't work with the newer one. So if you get a
newer Mozilla, you need a newer Nautilus build to go with it.

This issue has caused me tremendous headaches because of all the "Nautilus"
bug reports I get about this; more than 100 I think. And there's no way for
me to go back in time and make Nautilus report the error in a way that would
make it clear it is a Mozilla problem.

    -- Darin