Re: [Nautilus-list] Viewing index.html

On Thu, 2002-01-24 at 11:27, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 1/23/02 11:52 AM, "Rick" <rickfriedman onebox com> wrote:
>
> > If I open a folder that has an index.htm (or html) file in it, I would
> > like to have Nautilus automatically display that as opposed to the actual
> > contents of the folder. Is there a way to set this up?
>
> No, there's no feature like that in Nautilus. Nor in any other file manager
> I've seen, and not even in any web browser that I'm aware of.

I think I may have seen the Windows f.m. do it, but I'm not sure.
(If it was there, it was one of those features I disabled as
quickly as possible. Not that that's an argument against having it
in Nautilus.)

If something like this is added, there probably ought to be a list
of acceptable index page types, similar to what you find in a web
server config file... Though you probably wouldn't want the same
list. ("index.php", for instance, is probably not going to look
the way you'd expect. :>)