Re: [Nautilus-list] Show hidden files toolbarbutton

Fredrik,

I suppose that this isn't really a "big" deal, but I don't think that
this feature should be present on the toolbar at all.  The primary
reason is that currently the toolbar only contains items related to
navigation, therefore it seems like additional clutter/complexity to
place this option on the toolbar.  If there is a constant need to change
the show hidden files preference, I would think, at least from a
usability standpoint, that the real problem was the hidden files...
That said, if there is a consensus that this option really needs to be
up front and can't be hidden in a menu, then perhaps it could be put on
the location bar next to the "view" controls (i.e. zoom, View as...)???

Also, why do you want to put this preference in the "Lay Out Items"
portion of the popup menu?  This seems to me to be an inconsistent place
for this type of option.  I'd just assume leave it off the popup menu
entirely.

Anyhow thats just MHO.  I'm glad to see that you implementing this
feature since I know that it will come in handy.  Good luck.

David