Re: File management dialog -- UI review partially applied

Il ven, 2002-12-13 alle 23:53, Dave Bordoley ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 05:52, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> > - Separator in the tab Files and Folders is confusing
> >     removed (use different spacing)
> >

> as long as the items are clearly seperate sure...how does it look?

Pseudocode and Pseudoxml

<vbox spacing="6">
<entry>
    <vbox spacing="0">
    <entry>( ) Double click to activate items</entry>
    <entry>( ) Single click to activate items</entry>
    </vbox>
</entry>
<entry>
[ ] Open activated item in a new window
</entry>
</vbox>

Visually:

( ) Double click to activate items
(*) Single click to activate items

[v] Open activated item in a new window

Take a look to glade file attached in previous message, it's usable in
current nautilus_head.

Alternate: place a "   " label... no! screen reader trouble... BTW did
anybody solve it?

> > - s/Activate items with a single click/Single click to activate items
> >     done (and double click too) (1)
>
> Just curious why?
Boh!? It come from UI review report on desktop-devel :-)

But it's not so bad, 'cause user reading from left to right can see
"Single/Double click" before and can understand/find option quickly.

> > - s/Text Files/Scripts for consistancy
> >     done
> >

> actually it should be s/scripts/ Text Files, i talked with the maints
> about this and they thought the use of the term scripts could be
> confusing considering that their are "nautilus scripts"

Oh yeah, you know you are right.

Obviously, stupid /me, I forgot "Nautilus Scripts", sorry.

> > - <Eimi> s/Files and Folders/Behavior for the tab label
> >     mmhh done if this mean "Use 'Behavior' as notebook label and
> >     'Folders and Files' as options' heading"
> >

> Not sure about this one, but i'll let the maints decide what they
> prefer.

Well, IMHO can be something like:

<tab_head>Behavior</tab_head>
<h>Items Activations</h>		<--(*)
<h>Executable Text Files</h>
<h>Trash</h>

(*) app_launch in Start_Here/Application or capplets aren't, in user
prospective, files or folders :-(

> > ------------------------
> > Questions
> > ------------------------
> >
> > Isn't "Tree View Defaults" out of place in View pane? Here we have 4
> > categories, 3 related to view pane, 1 related to side pane.
> > Alternatives:
> >         1. move "Tree View Defaults" in Behavior pane
> >         2. rename it as "Tree Pane Defaults"
> >         3. remove from dialog, cause use tree pane showing files and
> >            folders isn't a good choice. (best option IMO and a -1
> >            option)
>
> Unfortunately I can't think of a better place for the pref. Of course
> given the current tree view, i don't think the pref should even exist.

Alex?