[Nautilus-list] Re: Dealing with the speed problem that's preventing a 1.0.5 release

on 10/12/01 11:49 PM, Jeff Waugh at jdub perkypants org wrote:

> Can I help by stracing or something? I don't know if I can interpret the
> results, but I can send strace logs to you or something.

One possible help would be doing strace logs on the old and new versions and
seeing what's different between them.

The key here is to figure out the immediate question of "why is Nautilus
slower than 1.0.4", rather than the broader question of "how can we make
Nautilus faster".

    -- Darin