Re: [Nautilus-list] How to create a new file through nautilus?

On Wednesday, May 30, 2001, at 10:43  AM, Keith F Irwin wrote:

How about, then, something similar to the scripts directory in which we
can place blank "templates" of the docs we want.  I (as a user) could add
a blank abiword or gnumeric or text file there and have it show up on the
"new file" sub-menu.  Nautilus would then copy the file over, making sure
the name was unique.

Sounds OK. Was never one of my favorite features, but some people will like it. I guess Windows has something like this in the a submenu under New. On Macintosh (and on Lisa before that), there was a feature like this called "stationery" that didn't create special menu items.

Is something like this in the works?

No.

Anyway, just curious.  I wouldn't mind implementing the features myself,
but I have to admit that I've not written in C since forever, and never in
C++.  (I'm a java, pascal, perl, python and hopefully soon lisp type of
person.)

There's no C++ in Nautilus.

Contributions to Nautilus are appreciated. If you start working on this, keep us posted here on the list so I can help steer you in the right direction.

    -- Darin