Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 11:43:47AM -0700, Ben Ford wrote:
> > It shouldn't do all this.  It's a file manager/desktop shell, not the
> > solution to every problem under the sun.
>
> Right.  Which is why the effort is better spent fixing gnorpm rather
> than reinventing it, since gnorpm already does what you ask today.  Or
> am I missing some obvious way in which Nautilus' RPM view will be
> better (besides being in the Nautilus window?)

Probably the best option is to provide gnorpm functionality through a
library or a bonobo component. Bonobo is neat because as applications
are written using it, they can (more easily at least) but turned into
Nautilus views as well. The advantage of the Nautilus View is that it
would be a lightweight, quick sort of way to do the "90% of the common
operations" on a package, probably upgrade and install.

-Seth