Re: [Nautilus-list] Slow and excessive redrawing

On Monday, June 18, 2001, at 01:02  PM, Loris Santamaria wrote:

There is any chance to see these redrawing issues addressed in future
releases (ok, excluding 1.0.4)? I really like Nautilus, and I would like
to be able to use it for everyday use, even on a diskless workstation.

It would be great to get rid of extra redraws. There are a few things that need to be considered:

1) On faster systems it might be nice to have a quick "wrong" initial redraw and then a later correct redraw. But if there's a slow X connection we might not want that.
    2) Some of the redraws could simply be due to bugs.
3) In some cases, we may just need to wait to do some I/O until we do the first redraw. This could speed things up even on faster systems.

Some patch contributions in this area would be appreciated if anyone is able to tackle these issues. I'd be happy to help someone looking into it.

    -- Darin