Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus Goals

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 12:36:53AM -0400, mitch nuclear physics gatech edu wrote:
> By updater I mean a app that retrieves new packages via the net. Nautilus
> should not retrieve new packages via the net. It should be able to install
> software that is on the harddrive though.

What if the user downloads some (but not all) of the RPMS needed?
IMO, a list of missing .so files and symbol names isn't really useful
in figuring out exactly what versions of which packages are missing.

If Nautilus is to install software at all, it should be less effort
than gnorpm and friends.  I think dependency checking implies some
kind of net connection and/or software catalog, since the user may not
have all the needed packages.  On the other hand, if you're just
installing software from your distro, the problem becomes _much_
simpler.

-ed