Re: [Nautilus-list] Oh no, more feature requests!!

On 26 Jul 2001 07:42:39 -0700, Adam Zolkover wrote:
> > As a user (my 2 cents) I like this idea and the layout is pretty good.
> > Personally I think this would make the tree (or a new tree based on
> > this) far more functional.
> >
> > Another great option would be what has been mentioned here before..
> > being able to have an uglier/simpler tree view which can fit more
> > content in vertically, and the ability to make the panel fill out the
> > sidebar area (removing the tabs).
> >
> > But I guess with the more limited resources for Nautilus these days,
> > more than ever code speaks louder than words...
>
> I'm not sure about an uglier/simpler tree.  I was thinking about it, and
> I like the idea for the tree proposed in the screenshots.  I think that
> having certain starting folders like root and home and some devices is a
> good thing.  To insure the functionality of it, however, the user should
> be able to add and remove starting folders from the tree view.  Say the
> default ones are User X's Home, Root, CDROM, and Floppy Drive.  If the
> user so desires (if the user is working on a project on an nfs drive or
> somewhere else...), he should be able to add the folder or folders that
> he needs to the top level of the tree view to allow for instant access
> to them.  Likewise, if the user does not want a folder as a top level in
> the tree view, he should be able to remove it.

Hey yeah I definitely like this idea.  Not sure if it would be easy to
implement, but being able to add/remove whatever you wanted (including
turning off the floppy/cdrom automatically appearing) would be great.
Along with selecting icons for them.

The simpler/uglier tree would not be as replacement but as an option.
The tree would just probably be more functional if it displayed more
vertically, and to do this it would have to be simpler looking (ala GMC
or something).  The aim wasn't uglyness =)

Cheers,
Chris