[Nautilus-list] Oh no, more feature requests!!

Hi,

First let me thank everyone who had contributed to Nautilus. You did a great
job!!!

A lot of people had requested features lately, and I have to give mines too
:-)
Here we go:

1) Tree sidebar reorganization
Take a look at: http://www.eps.ufsc.br/~juliano/nautilus/tree.png
Right now, the sidebar shows the tree as it is. That is, it shows the root
(/), when expanded shows home, usr, tmp, and so on.
My suggestion is to mask things a little, making navigation easier. In the
base of the tree is better to have the user home, the machine (/), and
removable medias (when mounted). Maybe we can put here the magic desktop
URIs from RedHat Labs too.
I think Windows, KDE, Mac work like that.

2) When dnd an image with right button into another icon, show an option to
set this image as the icon
Take a look at: http://www.eps.ufsc.br/~juliano/nautilus/setasicon.png
Just to speed up things (I change icons a lot).

3) Change zoom widget on the toolbar
Take a look at: http://www.eps.ufsc.br/~juliano/nautilus/zoom.png
Again this is just to make navigation faster. For example, I'm in the
default view (100%) and I want to zoom to 400%. I need to pass to 150%, then
to 200% and finally to 400%. With the widget change I can pass directly from
100 to 400%.
In my opinion the accelerators keys need to change too (from alt+-/alt+= to
-/=).

4) Replace mozilla-component with gtkhtml-component
Please, I don't want to start some kind of war. I admire all those who
contributed to mozilla component, but right now galeon and mozilla are much
better browsers than nautilus. The main use of the html component is display
help, and mozilla just don't integrate very well with the desktop. You can
see that at the screenshot:
http://www.eps.ufsc.br/~juliano/nautilus/html-comp.png
I've been using the cvs component and it work very well. From my point of
view it is ready for primetime.

I hope someday help with the development and do more than suggestions, but
right now that it.
Thanks again for that amazing desktop shell.

Juliano Soares dos Santos