[Nautilus-list] Re: Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla must share profile information

On Saturday, July 7, 2001, at 11:36  PM, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:

I propose that Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla, and other embedded Mozilla
implementations should share profile information.

Sounds like a nice idea.

I find it very silly
that I should have to change my proxy preferences, for example, in three
different places.

Agreed.

It is also silly to have three out-of-sync bookmark
lists,

Not so sure here. I think that many Nautilus bookmarks would be useless in Galeon and Mozilla. Sharing does sound like a good idea, but I don't know how to deal with the different nature of what you can bookmark in all 3. For example, I'm not sure I'd want my entire set of web page bookmarks to display in the Nautilus bookmarks menu, which currently contains a few local directories that I visit often and nothing else.

and three different copies of the history.

Similar issues for history.

If someone starts working on this, I'd be happy to help get the Nautilus patch aspect of it right.

    -- Darin