Re: [Nautilus-list] The screenshots made me think....

I suggest you try Nautilus out to see how well it fits into the GNOME
environment. If nothing else, it is easy to try using workspot at
http://magritte.eazel.com/nautiluswsdemo.html. There *are* Debian
packages available, in testing and unstable I believe. If you use Potato
you might have some success with http://www.gnome.org/~kitame's page. I
don't know whether he supports Potato anymore. I would highly recommmend
using his freshest CVS based packages (still quite stale, but whatever)
as they reflect on Nautilus much better than PR2.

One of the 4/5 default Nautilus themes is a GNOME theme which uses the
stock icons in the toolbar, and gmc icons in the filemanager. I think
you will find it integrates with GNOME extremely well. The system font
problems remain, I believe. I don't know what you mean by Nautilus using
the system fonts all over.

I don't know what you mean by the GNOME look and feel, since we as of
yet have no style guide. If you consider applications like sodi-podi or
dia to have the GNOME look-n-feel, then most definitely YES. I think if
you look at GNOME applications you will find that there is no strong
look and feel, per se. Nautilus is as much a part of the GNOME look and
feel as any other GNOME application.

-Seth