Re: [Nautilus-list] preferences

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> But I for one would love to see any cleanup of the prefs code that
> maintains the current feature set.

While in the Eazel heyday you guys had no problem writing a mountain
of custom code to get from 95% UI spec implementation to 100%, I think
given current resources using stock libraries as-is and otherwise
shrinking the code is probably a good idea when possible. Being
absolutely rigid about the last 5% of feature set isn't sensible IMHO,
if you end up "fighting the system" in ways that make the code a PITA.
Also, since we aren't on a tight schedule delivery of specific
features we can always go down and fix things on the library level,
then wait for it to trickle up.

Realistically, the 5% here is the 6 defaults I mentioned being
different by user level. I specifically listed those to make the
argument concrete, so we'd know exactly what the real cost is.

Havoc