Re: [Nautilus-list] Nautilus: room for improvement

On 04 Aug 2001 16:47:54 +0100, S A Jarrett-Sprague wrote:

First, let me say I agree with a lot of what you have to say.
items 1, 2, and 5 are, however, "being worked on"-- so, I suppose, lots
of GNOME people agree with you as well.

3 and 4 seem like pretty cool ideas to me, and I'd like to see those
features added.

Another one I'd like to see is a tree-view within View-As-List, the way
the Finder did it in MacOS 9 and earlier.

At least, I'd like to have my sidebar remember its state from the last
time I opened Nautilus.  Having to widen the sidebar and open the Tree,
or narrow the sidebar cause it's empty, seems like a waste.  Shouldn't
be too hard to fix, although I'm not skilled enough to do it myself.

Regardless, it's always good to see people trying out software and
offering suggestions.

Yours,

Aaron.