Re: [Nautilus-list] tree view

Copy/Paste of files is the way most people I know work in Windows
Explorer.  Rather than drag the files around, they select the files they
want to move or copy, and they right click and select cut or copy, then
they go to do the destination folder, and select paste.

I believe that their reasoning is that this must work like moving text in
Word works, and then that is the way that moving stuff in visio (or
almost any other program) works, so they want everything to work the same
way.

This way of working extends to not only to the programmers I work with,
but to the newbies I have as friends.  And both groups find it
frustrating to find that a program doesn't work the way they expect.  I
know I spend a lot of time cursing Windows at work because ctrl-A, and
ctrl-E either do nothing, or worse do the wrong thing.  And windows users
are going to be frustrated when the file manager doesn't work the way they
expect.

--
Joshua Boyd
http://catpro.dragonfire.net/joshua