Re: [Nautilus-list] tree view

Hi there...

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> Seth Aaron Nickell <snickell Stanford EDU> writes:
>
> > > do you mean copy/paste text or copy/paste files?
> > >
> > > The former is done, the latter probably will not be in 1.0
> >
> > [!!!] This is expected by most people as core functionality in a modern
> > file manager. Its all very well to add nifty features to Nautilus, but if
> > it doesn't have basic functionality...
> >

> Copy/Paste files is "essential"? That seems a strange view to me.

Yes it is very much essential. The majority of (windows) computer users, that I
have seen performing file operations, use the "Copy/Paste" file functionality
of the windows explorer almost to the complete exclusion of other methods, like
drag and drop. It must be said it's certainly very easy to use, even if
slightly illogical. It simply uses a metaphor most users are used to in the
windows word processing/spreadsheet world.

Even if you don't feel a particular love for this feature, it's pretty much
vital to quite a lot of everyday computer users that I know. Probably not very
hard to implement...

=)
Peter