RE: [Nautilus-list] tree view

> > > Not "essential" but strongly expected. Its one of the most popular
> (and
> > > effective, IMO) mechanisms for moving & copying files. This is one of
> the
> > > primary mechanisms in MacOS, KFM, Windows, and many other common file
> > > managers. In fact, gmc seems to be one of the few FMs w/o this
> feature.
> >
> > Actually, the MacOS has never had this feature.
>
> well then that is where macos fails.
>
> This feature is handy - and suprisingly intuitive.
> especially if the user is used to cutting and pasting text from
> documents.
>
> I agree totally with seth, especially if we think at people who > face
linux
> for the first time,  and want to be productive in  a few minutes.

Yeah, but nautilus ought to have one, well-considered, unified and plain
notion on how to move these things around, be it text, HTML, gfx, files,
URLs, email and all the other 'stuff' a user will keep track of. If it's
cut/paste great, if it's drag-n-drop great, but it should be "the way" and
the same in almost all cases.

of course, it's possible that nautilus users and eazel users are two
entirely different groups of people and therefore divergence is
appropriate...

Kristofer