Re: [Muine] New release soon?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:19:02AM +0100, G?tz Waschk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't have to do anything special to reproduce the bug. The songs
> are all either mp3 or Ogg. I'm using the gstreamer 0.8 backend.
>
> It always happens after doing this:
> - start muine
> - add some songs
> - press play
> - wait and watch the audioscrobbler window

(FFS, first copy of my response to this got eaten by the 'wrong From:
address' list moderation monsters)

Ok, I've just spent a long time trying to reproduce this, and finally
relatively reliably did. At least here, the only duplicate SongChanged
signal was coming from when the duration info got updated in
PlaylistWindow.cs:OnEndOfStream(). This in turn fired a
SongDatabase.EmitSongChanged, which got handled in
PlaylistWindow.OnSongChanged, which prematurely, guess what: calls
PlaylistWindow.SongChanged () (which sends that first signal), and then,
surprise SENDS A TICK EVENT. OnEndOfStream() then continues, and calls
SongChanged on it's own, which sends the *real* SongChanged.

(Ignore the above rant if you don't care). Anyways, this seems to be
exactly what you folks were experiencing, and I've commited a fix for
this problem. Please CVS up and test as soon as possible, and (god
forbit) let me know if it's still not fixed.

Thanks all for the info.

-pete

PS - I'm going to hopefully roll and release a 0.8.4pre1 on the
assumption this is fixed; if it isn't fixed, well, that's why it's a
pre1 release, and not a final release. Bugs can still be fixed!

--
Peter Johanson
<latexer gentoo org>