Re: [Muine] New release soon?

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 07:57:31AM +0100, Samuel Abels wrote:
> Btw, I also noticed that the plugin API had a slight change: The event
> order of TickEvents/SongChangedEvent was changed in one case, so that
> now when a SongChangedEvent is emitted, there is no guarantee that the
> position is already reset to 0. This breaks, for example, the
> Muinescrobbler plugin.
> Not sure if this was intended, but it should be noted in the ChangeLog
> at least.

Yeah, I really think that's something that should be fixed before the
release. When originally reported, someone had written a small plugin to
try to demonstrate the issue, but the problem never seemed to actually
occur for me. Can folks give me more info on how to actually reproduce?
What format music? Some special 'start, pause, add songs to the list'
combination that triggers it? What backends are people using?

Anything relevant that might help me at least reproduce the problem here
would be great. I think i'm going to go ahead with a 0.8.4pre1 tarball
very soon, just to get the ball rolling on a new real release, but
regadless this should get resolved before a 0.8.4 final happens.

TIA,

-pete

--
Peter Johanson