Re: [Muine] Restructuring the menu... I didn't want to polute Iain's thread.

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 02:40:13PM +1100, Thomas McMahon wrote:
>    Hey Guys,
>    I've actually started writing some muine documentation, it's
>    incomplete at this stage, but I can post it if you want.
>    I think that removing the help menu is a bad idea, as is renaming the
>    File menu to Muine, I recall reading in another thread that it is
>    against the HIG. I don't think that having something different is a
>    problem in itself, but making this app. inconsistent with the rest of
>    gnome seems silly just because "File" doesn't accurately describe the
>    action of the menu.

It should be noted that the HIG does *not* specificy that the first item
must be named File. For reference,
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/menus-standard.html
specifically says about the File item:
"If your application does not operate on documents, name this item for
the type of object it displays. For example, many games should have a
Game instead of a File menu. However, place the Quit menu item last on
this menu nonetheless."

So any proposed changes should probably still have a 'file menu' in name
only, but the string associated would be something like "Playlist" as
has been proposed.

Appologies for not responding to this thread sooner, I've been busy with
work and other fun muine-related things. I promise to give this topic my
full $0.02 soon.

-pete
--
Peter Johanson