Re: [Muine] 'Add music' dialog proposal

On 9/2/05, justin+gnome dicatek com <justin+gnome dicatek com> wrote:
> > http://ewoud.studentenweb.org/images/muine-toccata.png
>
> Why do you need "Show only albums", if albums are collapsed by default?

imagine 50 albums and 250 loose songs in one list, finding an album
would take a lot of scrolling (whereas people seldom have more albums
than loose songs, i think, well actually I have, but anyway...)

> Also, in Toccata, I chose to display both the album and the track when the
> track matches a search, in case one wants to listen to the entire album.

the reason I chose not to do this is because of the cover art, it
would make the search results very long. Displaying the album name is
a tradeoff, so you can easily find the album by that name.

> But yeah, if Muine had something like this, and a more compact playlist,
> I would not have to write my own player... :p

enabling the collapse mode in the playlist is indeed very nice

--
< eWoud - ewoud dot nuyts at gmail dot com >