Re: [Muine] 'Add music' dialog proposal

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, eWoud wrote:

> On 9/1/05, Yo'av Moshe <bjesus gmail com> wrote:
> > Some ideas -
> > 1 - I believe that if we'll align the album's songs a bit to the
> > right, it would look much better.
>
> I know it does, but it wastes a lot of space
> http://ewoud.studentenweb.org/images/muine-addwindow-expand2.png

I've been working on a Muine-like music player that combines tracks and
albums automatically: http://toccata.sourceforge.net/

The screenshot shows a search going on; normally the library pane displays
the albums in collapsed form.

It's not ready for general use yet, but if anyone on the Muine team would
like to take the UI idea and run with it, I'd be happy to not have to
develop my own music player to get the UI I want :)

> > 3 - I don't understand why when searching for "I'm not in love" in
> > "Everything" (perhaps "Everywhere"?) it should display the album's
> > cover or name. When not having it just like any other song? - Title \n
> > Artist
>
> I added another note. You're right, cover art is not really necessary,
> but album information is part of the muine design, I would like to
> keep that.

As you can see from the screenshot, my player doesn't have cover art
(yet).

Justin