Re: [Muine] NEW PRERELEASE: 0.8.1pre3

�el kenal p�al (kolmap�, 26. jaanuar 2005, 18:20+0000), kirjutas
Dave Beckett:
> On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 04:07 +0200, Jorn Baayen wrote:
> >
> > You can theoretically compile muine with gtk 2.4, however it's not gonna
> > work 100% nicely.. for instance, labels won't ellipsize, so the playlist
> > window will resize if you have long song titles.
>
> So as long as the configure is modified a bit to not die with gtk 2.4,
> muine will work OK?  Is this likely to continue working or do you want
> to add some 2.6-only things?

I'd advise against it- the song label won't ellipsize under 2.4 and this
is then a fairly major regression from earlier releases, where we used
our own ellipsizing label. What you could do however, is create a patch
for the package which puts the old rb-ellipsizing-label.{c,h} and
EllipsizingLabel.cs back in place. Then everything will work just like
before.

I don't have any further gtk 2.6 specific plans for now, but the main
muine distribution does and will depend on it ..

Cheer,