Re: [Muine] Some thoughts on playlist management

Hey,

Contrary to my earlier comments, I think I found a fairly clean way to
tag albums as "non albums" rather than blocking non-album tracks from
entering albums (so we can still have covers for the single tracks,
which i think is nice).

In the process I cleaned up AddSongWindow and AddAlbumWindow up a bit,
moving some shared code into AddWindow.

anoncvs seems to be down atm, so I'll generate a patch as soon as it
comes back up (there probably is no rush anyway eh?)

> I was just wondering about how bad it would be to have a
> "Do not attempt to create albums" check box in the "Import folder"
> dialog. It seems so hackish. But then again, it would be very useful.

I was thinking of a organisation something along the lines of
~/music/  (containing albums) and
~/music/random/ (with random songs inside)

Although you seem to me suggesting something more like
~/music/albums and
~/music/random

Which makes more sense now that I think about it... Then the user would
be more likely to want to do two separate imports (of course there's the
point that the user would probably have to have this feature in mind to
organise their collection either way)

In some ways its not that hackish b/c users that see the flag and don't
realise the benefit would almost certainly ignore it.. I dunno, its your
call, but i would like at least something in gconf so that people that
know what its for can use it...

Cheers,
Tom