Displaying the total number of tracks (was: Re: [Muine] Some thoughts on playlist management)

På Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 12:47:26AM +0100, Jorn Baayen skrev:
> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 16:26 +0100, uws wrote:
> > I only found a patch doing exactly what I suggested. The message can be
> > found at [1]. There are no replies in the archive. Can you explain why the
> > developers think this is a bad idea?
> >   mvrgr, Wouter
> > [1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/muine-list/2004-April/msg00068.html

> It's come up more often than that one link you give there. For instance:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/muine-list/2004-November/msg00094.html

IMHO this issue is not solved by using groups. I have a lot of albums
missing one or two songs, but I still like to listen to the remainder of the
album.

When I listen to a regular audio cd in my regular CD player (no computers
involved), I always look at the back of the CD cover to see how many tracks
the album has. As I think of Muine as a replacement for regular audio cd's
(I like to rip them to ogg/vorbis), I really do want to see the number of
tracks.

It's such a trivial enhancement that doesn't clutter the interface at all,
that I really don't see the point in not adding the total number of songs
below the artist and album title.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq

you asked me to kill your headache :: use a gun             -- sneaker pimps