Re: [Muine] Album images

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:32, Mark Phalan wrote:
> Amazon.com shows the artist as:
> Angelo Badalamenti, David Lynch
>
> Amazon.co.uk shows it as:
> Angelo Badalamenti

Muine does pretty much the same as if you were to go to amazon.com and
enter "artist name"[space]"album name" in the sarch box, select popular
music and submit. In this case Amazon says:

"Music search results: we were unable to find exact matches for your
search for  Angelo Badalamenti Mulholland Drive Soundtrack"

> > > My Name		-> Purple Rain
> > > Amazon.co.uk	-> Purple Rain [SOUNDTRACK]
> > > Amazon.com	-> Music from the Motion Picture "Purple Rain" [SOUNDTRACK]

This one should work - amazon takes me straight to the album - I'd need
to do some digging ...

> Well this explains why the weezer album doesn't get an image.

Yep.

> The others then:
>
> My Name         -> The Hits - Disc 1
> Amazon.co.uk    -> The Hits Vol.1
> Amazon.com      -> The Hits 1
> My Artist	-> Prince
> Amazon.com	-> Prince
>
> Not sure why this wouldn't work.

"we were unable to find exact matches for your search for  prince the
hits - disc 1"

> My Name         -> So Far... The Best Of
> Amazon.co.uk    -> So Far... The Best Of
> Amazon.com      -> So Far...The Best of Sinéad O'Connor
> My Artist	-> Sinead O'Connor
> Amazon.com	-> Sinead O'Connor
>
> Is it possible that muine doesn't like the ' in O'Connor?

If you tweak CoverDatabase.cs and change > 0.6 to >= 0.6 I'd expect this
one to get in.

> Does muine rely on exact matches for artist names?

Yes,it issues the artist name as part of the search to amazon, so if it
doesn't match then amazon won't return any results.

Unfortunately, not sending the artist, tends to result in too many
matches/wrong album covers :(

Lee