Re: [Muine] Album images

> > My Name		-> Mulholland Drive Soundtrack
> > Amazon.co.uk	-> Mulholland Drive [SOUNDTRACK]
> > Amazon.com	-> Mulholland Drive: Original Motion Picture Score
> > [SOUNDTRACK]
>
> You haven't said whether the artist matches or not - Muine also uses
> this to find a match. Assuming that the artist matches, then this one
> should work. Basically the backend strips anything in [] or () and will
> return a match if over 60% of the words in your local name are in the
> name returned by amazon (In this case 2 out of 3 or 66% are, Mulholland
> and Drive).

Amazon.com shows the artist as:
Angelo Badalamenti, David Lynch

Amazon.co.uk shows it as:
Angelo Badalamenti

I have it as: (same as .co.uk)

> Which version of Muine do you have? I'd try and debug this myself, but I
> just re-installed my machine and don't even have mono yet ...
>
> > My Name		-> Window Licker
> > Amazon.co.uk	-> Windowlicker [SINGLE]
> > Amazon.com	-> Windowlicker [US] [CD-SINGLE] [EXPLICIT LYRICS]
>
> Muine can't help you here -  you're just naming your album wrong (Or
> amazon are ...)     :p

True :)

> > My Name		-> Purple Rain
> > Amazon.co.uk	-> Purple Rain [SOUNDTRACK]
> > Amazon.com	-> Music from the Motion Picture "Purple Rain" [SOUNDTRACK]

Amazon.com shows the artist as
Prince

Amazon.co.uk shows the artist as
Prince & The Revolution

I have it the same as .co.uk

> Again, this and the others you mentioned should work under the 60% rule.
>
> As a basic summary, Muine strips anything in () or [] and then does an
> amazon search for the album name, and artist.

Well this explains why the weezer album doesn't get an image.

My Name         -> The Green Album
Amazon.co.uk    -> The Green Album
Amazon.com      -> Weezer (Green Album)

The others then:

My Name         -> The Hits - Disc 1
Amazon.co.uk    -> The Hits Vol.1
Amazon.com      -> The Hits 1
My Artist	-> Prince
Amazon.com	-> Prince

Not sure why this wouldn't work.

My Name         -> So Far... The Best Of
Amazon.co.uk    -> So Far... The Best Of
Amazon.com      -> So Far...The Best of Sinéad O'Connor
My Artist	-> Sinead O'Connor
Amazon.com	-> Sinead O'Connor

Is it possible that muine doesn't like the ' in O'Connor?

Does muine rely on exact matches for artist names?

-M.