Re: [Muine] Album images

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 11:48, Lee Willis wrote:
> > However, for a lot of my albums images aren't found. I
> > know that this is due to the fact that Amazon and I each name our albums
> > differently - its interesting to see that on amazon.co.uk and my album
> > names are much more similar.
>
> Can you give some examples? The code tries to account for slight
> variances - I'd be interested to know of ways this could be done better.

Well I don't know if there is anything more to be done at the muine end
but anyway here are some examples:

My Name		-> Mulholland Drive Soundtrack
Amazon.co.uk	-> Mulholland Drive [SOUNDTRACK]
Amazon.com	-> Mulholland Drive: Original Motion Picture Score
[SOUNDTRACK]

My Name		-> Window Licker
Amazon.co.uk	-> Windowlicker [SINGLE]
Amazon.com	-> Windowlicker [US] [CD-SINGLE] [EXPLICIT LYRICS]

My Name		-> Purple Rain
Amazon.co.uk	-> Purple Rain [SOUNDTRACK]
Amazon.com	-> Music from the Motion Picture "Purple Rain" [SOUNDTRACK]

My Name		-> The Hits - Disc 1
Amazon.co.uk	-> The Hits Vol.1
Amazon.com	-> The Hits 1

My Name		-> So Far... The Best Of
Amazon.co.uk	-> So Far... The Best Of
Amazon.com	-> So Far...The Best of Sinéad O'Connor

My Name		-> The Green Album
Amazon.co.uk	-> The Green Album
Amazon.com	-> Weezer (Green Album)

> Well, we currently use ID3 tag support from libid3tag, so if that
> supports it, then I don't know any reason why not, Jorn is probably best
> placed to comment on whether this would be possible though. In the short
> term if you store albums in per-album folders, you can save the cover
> art as cover.jpg and muine will pick it up.

Thats great! I didn't know about this.

Thanks,
M.