Re: [Muine] Album images

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 11:28, Mark Phalan wrote:

> Well I don't know if there is anything more to be done at the muine end
> but anyway here are some examples:
>
> My Name		-> Mulholland Drive Soundtrack
> Amazon.co.uk	-> Mulholland Drive [SOUNDTRACK]
> Amazon.com	-> Mulholland Drive: Original Motion Picture Score
> [SOUNDTRACK]

You haven't said whether the artist matches or not - Muine also uses
this to find a match. Assuming that the artist matches, then this one
should work. Basically the backend strips anything in [] or () and will
return a match if over 60% of the words in your local name are in the
name returned by amazon (In this case 2 out of 3 or 66% are, Mulholland
and Drive).

Which version of Muine do you have? I'd try and debug this myself, but I
just re-installed my machine and don't even have mono yet ...

> My Name		-> Window Licker
> Amazon.co.uk	-> Windowlicker [SINGLE]
> Amazon.com	-> Windowlicker [US] [CD-SINGLE] [EXPLICIT LYRICS]

Muine can't help you here -  you're just naming your album wrong (Or
amazon are ...)     :p

> My Name		-> Purple Rain
> Amazon.co.uk	-> Purple Rain [SOUNDTRACK]
> Amazon.com	-> Music from the Motion Picture "Purple Rain" [SOUNDTRACK]

Again, this and the others you mentioned should work under the 60% rule.

As a basic summary, Muine strips anything in () or [] and then does an
amazon search for the album name, and artist. It then iterates through
the results and tries to find one which matches > 60% on the album name.

It may be that either:
(1) You're using an older version of muine, in which case upgrade, and
re-import your album after removing .gnome2/muine/*
(2) Your artists are way off with what Amazon expects