Re: Hildon on MeeGo

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

When you first asked, I replied:
"
So I think, at the very least, some effort should be made to get GTK+
and Hildon working reasonably well on Maemo Harmattan, when there is
some public SDK to base that on. Otherwise you can encourage all the
little apps you like but they won't run on the next version of Maemo
anyway.
"

That's a clearly defined and achievable development task that money
could be spent on. Your list seems vague with very little chance of
producing results.

Everyone had different opinions and the discussion didn't lead to any consensus or conclusion that I could tell. And perhaps that's my lack of understanding but from my perspective I got a ton of very different ideas with no consensus or discussion on many of them.

To be totally honest, I don't think I'm the right person to be developing this plan and I don't think the board is either. (We have the wrong backgrounds and not enough experience in this area.)

We could use a working group from this list or an expanded group of people to help us develop a plan. I'm hoping that will happen at GUADEC. However, if there are a few people on this list that are willing to get together and lead this effort, I'd be extremely happy to empower them.

If you care about GNOME Mobile, please step up.

Stormy