Re: GNOME Mobile release notes

Ross Burton <ross openedhand com> writes:

> on a mobile you won't have a login password or so on, you just want
> to lock the screen from input.

This is untrue.

I want to:

* lock from input and keep screen on (open with gesture or some movement)
* lock from input and turn off screen
* lock with password

If the device is in state "lock from input" over a certain threshold,
I want it to switch to "lock with password" state.

> Why are you running gdm on a mobile device?

You have no sense of security?.

> If you want to use desktop applications on a mobile device without
> modifications then feel free, but in generally they'll be a terrible
> experience.

It seems I was using some old gnome, because I just tested on a new
gnome and I can drag the applications over the top gnome-panel;).

--
Esben Stien is b0ef e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m