Re: Presenting GMAE tomorrow in OpenMind

<quote who="Tollef Fog Heen">

>  * We should define a set of standard applications.  A development
>    platform with libraries is fine, but users want applications.

There's quite a bit of platform to be done before we really get started on
the applications -- plus there is the issue of how we approach applications
for different user interface architectures, device profiles and input
mechanisms. Hildon is the only UIA on its way towards inclusion in the GNOME
Mobile platform so far...

> In addition, it's somewhat unclear to me who can make decisions for GNOME
> mobile.  I'm not even a GNOME foundation member, so it feels slightly
> weird for me to start defining the direction for GNOME mobile.  I'll be
> happy to participate in discussions, though.

Much of the discussions have happened at events thus far, with a consensus
oriented approach. That will change through joining the release cycle and
having more regular discussion here (and potentially regular meetings, if
anyone thinks that will be useful).

Thanks,

- Jeff

--