Re: Presenting GMAE tomorrow in OpenMind

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 14:26 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

> In addition, it's somewhat unclear to me who can make decisions for
> GNOME mobile.  I'm not even a GNOME foundation member, so it feels
> slightly weird for me to start defining the direction for GNOME
> mobile.  I'll be happy to participate in discussions, though.

Don't let that stop you; why should you be different than anyone
else ;-)?

Gnome (as in X.org) are organizations where them that does the work, set
the direction.

Being a "member" of either organization only gets you the right to vote
for the BOD, who organize meetings, organize infrastructure and mediate
disputes on behalf of the organization.  It shows you care enough about
the organization you bothered to ask to be a voting member. You do not
have to be a member to contribute to either organization, or to
influence its direction (by doing real work).  In either organization,
member or not, recommending action without being willing to put up, will
cause one to be told to shut up  (a take-off of American vernacular "put
up or shut up")...

The BOD has no more ability to set the direction of the organizations
than any contributor, other than most of the boards are well respected
in the organizations and board members are willing to do work.
                              - Jim

--
Jim Gettys
One Laptop Per Child