Re: Presenting GMAE tomorrow in OpenMind

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 14:26 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
>  * We need to discuss support technologies such as whether to use
>    GTK's input method handling (ala matchbox-keyboard) or the Maemo
>    input framework (which was recently opened up).

Maemo's input framework also uses the GTK+ input method handling.  They
both have the same basic architecture, but the maemo version is more

One day I'll read all of the maemo input method source and either adapt
large chunks of it into matchbox-keyboard's handling, or just make the
matchbox-keyboard a plugin in the maemo framework.

OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices -