Re: Additional issues to address for the constraints_experiments branch?

Hi,

> Could you run "xprop | grep STRUT" and click on one of the panels,
> then repeat and click on the other panel and give me the output?

The panel that borders the top of the screen gives:
_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 24, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1023, 0, 0
_NET_WM_STRUT(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 24, 0

And the panel that is just below it gives:
_NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 51, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1023, 0, 0
_NET_WM_STRUT(CARDINAL) = 0, 0, 51, 0

So there are two separate struts and one is completely in the other.

> I would be surprised if it was an off-by-one error,
Yea, it didn't occur to me at first that struts are always specified
to be from the edge of the screen.   I was thinking that struts had
offsets and somewhere the offsets were a pixel off.

> that you really do have overlapping struts (which I assumed wouldn't
> happen, though to be safe I put that error message in there just in
> case my assumption was wrong).  If the latter is the case, I need to
> fix up the relevant routines to handle overlapping struts.
Maybe handling the one strut is completely inside another strut case
would be good enough?

Although I suppose it's conceivable that if someone had a vertical,
full-height, auto-hide side panel (from a program other than
gnome-panel) in addition to a standard horizontal gnome panel that
things would still be broken.

--Ray