Re: Additional issues to address for the constraints_experiments branch?

On 11/14/05, Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > constraints_experiments is nearing completion and is in testable
> > state.
>
> So I just decided to give this a try.  I haven't actually really used
> it yet (other than starting it), but when I start it I get "Window
> manager warning: Struts must be disjoint for
> meta_rectangle_find_onscreen_edges to work!".
>
> This may be because I have two horizontal panels stacked on top of
> each other (because it's a laptop that's not currently connected to
> the second head of a xinerama setup, so the panel from the second head
> is moved to the laptop screen)
>
> Maybe just an off-by-one error in your code or the panel strut code?

Could you run "xprop | grep STRUT" and click on one of the panels,
then repeat and click on the other panel and give me the output?  I
would be surprised if it was an off-by-one error, but it is possible
that you really do have overlapping struts (which I assumed wouldn't
happen, though to be safe I put that error message in there just in
case my assumption was wrong).  If the latter is the case, I need to
fix up the relevant routines to handle overlapping struts.

Thanks,
Elijah