[gnome.org #11946] [RENEWAL] Application received from Benjamin Otte (otte AT gnome.org)

On Fri Jun 03 11:56:39 2011, otte gnome org wrote:

Yes. I'm lazy. And I consider it very important to not have to do
additional work.
Even if I did nothing the last 2 years that qualifies for membership,
I am still getting it, so there is absolutely no need to do this work.
It should be a dead-simple one-click operation.

I've already been annoyed that I had to open a web form, enter my name
and click a checkbox.

Sorry? are you kidding me? I spend several hours to update Committee's wiki and webpages,
preparing elections and processing new members and renewals and you tell me that writing a
small summary of your contributions once every two years is a problem?

And last but not least, even with an empty form, you are required to
renew my membership, even if I had decided to send that empty form
only in five years, because with granting me membership once I'm
qualified for life.

No, membership is *not* qualified for life, you gain it, you lose it by being inactive or by
stopping your contributions after a good amount of time. Following your reasoning people
not contributing to the Foundation since 10 years should still be considered Foundation
members? Looks like you've never understood what a Foundation is, and what does it mean
to be a Foundation member.

--
Andrea,
GNOME Accounts Team