Re: [gnome.org #11946] [RENEWAL] Application received from Benjamin Otte (otte AT gnome.org)

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Andrea Veri via RT
<membership-applications gnome org> wrote:
Your renewal form was empty, which luckily happens rarely. Renewal forms are used to keep
track of all contributions an X member is been doing over the years for the GNOME
Foundation. Asking to complete a form is too much of a trouble for you?

Yes. I'm lazy. And I consider it very important to not have to do
additional work.
Even if I did nothing the last 2 years that qualifies for membership,
I am still getting it, so there is absolutely no need to do this work.
It should be a dead-simple one-click operation.

I've already been annoyed that I had to open a web form, enter my name
and click a checkbox.

And last but not least, even with an empty form, you are required to
renew my membership, even if I had decided to send that empty form
only in five years, because with granting me membership once I'm
qualified for life.

Now, had you made the web form say "out of interest, are you still
contributing to GNOME and what have you done the last 2 years?" I
might have been a _lot_ more likely to fill out that form, because I
like doing people a favor. But this was not asked as a favor.

Benjamin