Re: My membership request

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 00:29 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
On Tue, 25.03.08 19:55, Bruno Boaventura (brunoboaventura gmail com) wrote:

 Also, I am a bit surprised that I am so little known in the GNOME
 community that I need to post those contacts, but I guess that just my
 hybris ;-)

Sorry too. But, rules are rules. You've filled the application form
and not informed out the contacts as required. I just replied your
request asking about your contacts.

Hmm, if those contacts are not optional, and in all cases necessary,
why does the form then suggest that they are optional?
They are optional, since bylaws do not state that there should be
contacts. However it's mostly historical. Experience showed that it's
not an easy way for membership committee to look for continuous
contribution of an applicant. It might have been when GNOME community is
a small entity, but now thousands people surrounds the community and
judging triviality of the contribution is not easy most of time without
any known contacts.

So practically it's burden of applicant to prove/show his contribution
is non-trivial to GNOME. Process of applicants w/o any contact
information can take forever, that's why committee members ask for
contact information to applicant in such cases.

I have to state vast majority of applications have contacts.

The problem with your application was due to missing CC in our tools
used while tracking applications (believe me situation used to be a lot
worse than that there was no queue and tracking mechanism was only
relying to inboxes and archives of committee members). And beware that
membership committee members recently renewed.

If you have further advises about the application process please tell
us, since we're already aware of there's too much room for improvement
and feedback is very welcome.

Regards,
Baris Cicek

Lennart