Re: meeting re: defining requirements for cryptographically verifiable voting software?

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 23:51 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:

1) generate an SSH keypair for the election.
2) generate a web client-side certificate for the election.

1 is doable too, since seahorse supports generating and handling ssh
keys. I'm not sure about 2, but the only time I generated a
certificate
via the web, it was quite painful (I don't know if it has to be
painful
or not).

I'd say ssh keypair is feasible.  Our less tech savvy members are the
translators and many of them already have ssh keys to commit.  Other
ones deal with svn, so they can handle ssh IMO.

The main problem with ssh keypair for people who don't use it regularly
of course is that they lose it or forget the password after a month.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759