Some questions on procedure

Hi all,

We're talking about some changes that might be worth making to the
election process at the board, and I wanted to get feedback on a couple
of questions from ye.

We're very much at the stage of pistols at dawn at the moment, we're
going to discuss some of these ideas again at a future meeting, but
election committee feedback (since you guys are going to be running the
election afterwards) is useful for the discussion.

So - do you think it would be difficult (with our current
infrastructure) to run an election as follows:

1 position for president of the board
1 position for vice president of the board
1 position for treasurer of the board
1 position for secretary of the board
3 ordinary members

I see the process working like this:

Candidates can nominate themselves as candidates for up to 5 positions.
More typical would be proposing yourself for one named board position
and ordinary member.

Each member has 5 ballots - one where they choose their preferred
candidate for president, ..., and one where they choose their 3
preferred ordinary member candidates.

A person elected for president would automatically excluded from the
other ballots, same for VP, treasurer, secretary (in that order).

In the end, you end up with a straight vote for the committee positions,
and our current N votes for N positions system for the 3 remaining
ordinary member slots.

So the questions is, would you be easily able to run an election with
our existing infrastructure if we decided to try this? I think the
answer is yes, from what I know of what Vincent did last year, but I'd
like confirmation.

Cheers,
Dave.

--