Re: Board size referendum

Hi,

Le lundi 12 septembre 2005 Ã 18:29 +0200, Dave Neary a Ãcrit :
Hi,

Just so we don't forget about this - at GUADEC, there was a discussion
on having a referendum to reduce the size of the board from 11 to 7. It
was decided that we should have that referendum.

At the time, it kind of got mixed up in the anonymous voting this. I
don't know if we will have anonymous voting before Christmas, but if
it's possible, I think that we should have this referendum in October.

Why so soon? Because afterwards we'll be having board elections, and it
would be nice if the results of the referendum were known before the
elections are held.

I've started writing some code for the anonymous voting thing. At last.
People will vote through a web page. I should find enough time to have
it ready before October, but it will probably needs some review...

Could someone in the committee come with a timeline for such a
referendum? It's not that hard and it's a good occasion to start
organizing votes :-) You can find a howto here:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/gnome-foundation/doc/howto-elections.txt
(this should really be moved to the wiki...)

See also the announce of the previous referendum:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2004-September/msg00001.html

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressÃs.