Board size referendum

Hi,

Just so we don't forget about this - at GUADEC, there was a discussion on having a referendum to reduce the size of the board from 11 to 7. It was decided that we should have that referendum.

At the time, it kind of got mixed up in the anonymous voting this. I don't know if we will have anonymous voting before Christmas, but if it's possible, I think that we should have this referendum in October.

Why so soon? Because afterwards we'll be having board elections, and it would be nice if the results of the referendum were known before the elections are held.

Cheers,
Dave.

PS. If it turns out that I misunderstood the conclusions from GUADEC, we should talk about this this week at the board, and arrive at a concrete proposal for a referendum, or drop the idea for the year. If we get into October not even agreed that a referendum on this should be held (or what the issue is), it won't be possible until after the board elections (or at the same time) anyway.

--
David Neary
bolsh gimp org